An impending divorce is profoundly stressful and vulnerable because of the potential loss and uncertainty of so many areas of life, including partnership, financial security, parenting time, home, family relationships, and future life plans.
Given these circumstances, the choice about how to get a divorce is all the more crucial. In this excellent blog posting by Divorce Magazine, Stuart Watson lists ten benefits of divorce mediation as compared to a standard, lawyer-driven divorce litigation process.
1. Save Money
2. Protect the Children
3. Save Time and Stress
4. Remain in Control (Empowerment)
5. Customize Solutions
6. Retain Privacy and Confidentiality
7. Avoid Future Legal Battles
8. Set the Foundation for Positive Parenting
9. Preserve Community Relationships
10. Help Provide Closure